In keeping with the theme of my blogs, it would be an interesting challenge curate a selection of inks across his different phases instead of making a Spotify Wrapped for him. So, as a result of far too much time (and money) poured into this hobby, these are the inks I think Siddhartha would’ve had in his pens at each stage. Brahim - Pilot Iroshisuku Kon-Peki Siddhartha, during his Brahmin phase, lives a Kon-Peki lifestyle. There’s nothing tangible that Siddartha can point at and say is lacking. Siddhartha is rich, well-respected, and ridiculously good-looking. Kon-Peki is very much the same; it’s reliable, wet, and has a beautifully deep sky blue on any paper. The “issue” that arises with both lifestyles is that it fosters an underlying dissatisfaction with the smooth sailing it has to offer. Fountain pen users want more out of their inks. Shading, shimmer, and sheen dominate many of the most popular inks on the market. Siddhartha believes that the env...
My sister carries that journal with her everywhere, and frankly… I don’t understand the habit. I think it’s funny to watch her as she moves about her life and scribble furiously in the journal when she has downtime. She writes about (what I assume to be) her life like a dementia patient desperately clinging onto the last bit of continuity left in their life. She doesn’t share it with anyone — she nearly killed me the last time I touched it — and doesn’t post about it online, either. It truly is a personal hobby for her. I mean seriously, why would anyone ever journal... To me, it’s a misallocation of her time and resources that could be spent on more intellectual pursuits, scrolling on TikTok or shopping online are good examples. What could be so enrapturing about a journal (a diary for the more cynical) that anybody would carry it around like an extension of their body? There is no world found inside the binding of that journal, it’s simply an ec...
Comments
Post a Comment